Nigerian foods and fruits that can help you live longerNigerian Factor
Home | Health | ( 1 ) | Subscribe Posted by Felix Okoli on Saturday June 2, 2012 11:4:52:
With the increasing rate at which middle aged and active people in Nigeria are dying as as result of mostly cardiac disease, there is no better time than now to start focusing on foods that can actually make you to live longer. It wouldn't make sense to hear that one died of heart disease at the age of 30 so eat healthy in order to live longer.This list is not exhaustive but I believe here are certain Nigerian foods you can eat that will make you to live longer:My List:
- Onions and Garlic
- Tomatoes: Highly nutritious. Contains vitamin A and C, also lycopene and potassium. Helps in fighting cancer and keeping the body resistant to illness.
- Bitter Kola: good for killing bacteria in blood stream
- Plantain and Bananas
- Beans: Replenishes skin loss and slows down aging
- White meat: Fish and Chicken. Better than red meat
- Avocado and native pear
- Oil bean(Ukpaka)
- Fish pepper soup
- Breadfruit seed (Ukwa)
- light Yam and Beans
- Cooked Unripe Plantain and Beans
- Boiled Yam and vegetablesIf you have any ideas on Nigerian foods one can eat that are good for the health, you can share them in comments below.
Post a Comment Required fields are Name and Comment.